Responsible for supervising activities of the Facilities and Operations Department including cleaning staff, reception and IT Department. Oversees the daily activities of this staff and supervision of all Facilities related contractors on campus. Performs all maintenance related work assignments to ensure all facilities & equipment are properly maintained in a safe and reliable working order. Completes all scheduled preventative maintenance / work assignments and supports final repair results with detailed documentation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
• Manages functions including AOP, forecasts, budgets, monthly and quarterly reporting, rand invoice approval. (20%)
• Organizes bids, receives and reviews quotes for cost effective planning and scheduling of campus renovation and repair projects. (20%)
• Monitors the facility for compliance with safety, health, environmental regulations and law enforcement representatives. (20%)
• Inspects construction projects and build out projects to ensure that all work is being properly performed to established standards. (20%)
• Coordinate with IT and Telecom internal moves, coordinate date, deliver boxes, coordinate movers and are available for the physical moves (20%)
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Possesses basic clerical and data entry skills.
• Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to converse and write effectively in English and Spanish.
• Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
• Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
• Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
• Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
• Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at an intermediate level.
• 3 to 5 Years of relevant work experience.
• 3 to 5 Years of experience directly managing / supervising employees.
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor's Degree with University Degree Field of Study preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree with University Degree field of study required.
• Other Education / Certifications: Preferable having knowledge in Project Management
• Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
• On-call availability required as necessary.
• Professional, office environment.
• Some travel required.