Provides onsite and remote desktop support to end users of physical, virtual and mobile computer platforms. Installs and configures technologies and applications that run on supported operating system and platforms. Provides support for peripheral devices, such as printers & scanner. Collaborates with other support teams to restore service and/or identify and resolve problems. Such activities may include the following as well as other duties as assigned.
· Handles end-user requests for hardware and software for supported clients in the environment.
· Troubleshoots technical computing problems and provides end user support for internal customer problem ticket resolution.
· Updates assigned problem tickets.
· Escalates problems as appropriate.
· Tracks and maintains site documentation, configurations, and maintenance.
· Completes special assignments and project work as needed.
· May contribute to desktop/laptop software evaluations and upgrades.
· May interface with third party vendors to resolve certain hardware/software problems
Job Level Specifications:
· Thorough knowledge and frequent application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques.
· Develops solutions to a wide variety of problem and works on projects requiring evaluation and analysis. Applies technical knowledge, concepts or theories when determining which solutions are best applied.
· Work is performed independently requiring judgment and discretion. May receive limited guidance for new assignments. Work may be reviewed for overall technical adequacy.
· Interacts mostly with internal company contacts. May represents department across organization or externally on projects.
· Actions impact the completion of milestones within a project. Failure to accomplish work or erroneous decisions may result in delays to portions of a project and allocation of additional resources to remedy.
Typically 3-5 years with bachelor's or equivalent or 1-3 years with master's
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience