Provides high-level technical client support and services for Tech Data's internal employees following established procedures and policies. Supports Logistic Center workstations, peripherals, and associated applications that allow the company to conduct business and manage information. Builds, configures, and troubleshoots desktops, software, and Operating systems. Provides a high-level of personal customer service within established criteria and provides IT project support as required. Assist with the Service Desk when necessary.
Responds to system trouble calls for all Logistic and Configuration Center servers, workstations and peripheral devices.
Responds to and resolves logistic system related outages and fully reports on the cause/effect of such outages to department head.
Performs preventative maintenance and appropriate structured system checks of all associated systems
Acts as coordinator for remote support team during outages, fulfilling the role of communications coordinator and/or troubleshooter to restore production systems
Completes work to fulfill IT service requests as assigned
Maintain complete and absolute communication with the head of the department, in order to maintain order and standardization of processes and computer systems.
Build and install PCs, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards.
Provides advice and guidance to colleagues regarding incidents.
Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance.
Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems.
Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines.
Maintain databases with up to date solutions and clear record of activities.
Explain and document technical issues in a clear way.
Use call logging system to accurately record telephone requests
1 to 3 years of relevant work experience.
Relevan Supervisory/ Managerial experience will appear here.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role.
Strong Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments.
Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners.
Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs.
Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions.
Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills.
Excellent Customer Service in Face-to-Face, Telephone or Electronic Interaction with Clients.
Good Language and Communications Skills, Problem-Solving.
Good Understanding of Computer Support and Troubleshooting.
Ability to Work in a Team.
Ability to Prioritize Projects
• Network Cabling Installation andbuilding.
• Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Able to use a 10-key quickly and accurately.
• Possesses basic clerical and data entry skills.
• Possesses strong data entry skills.
• Ability to input 40 words per minute
• Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to converse and write effectively in English and Spanish.
• Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
• Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Ability to transport 40 Lbs.
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
• Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
• Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at a basic level.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at an intermediate level.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at an advanced level.
Education and certifications:
Some college with computer since related field of study preferred
Technical with computer sicence related field of study required
Other Education/ certifications: Industry recognized standard certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft, or similar.