Prepares and processes a variety of moderately complex accounting transactions.
· Prepares and processes a variety of moderately complex accounting transactions.
· Analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness, and mathematical accuracy of accounting documents; makes appropriate adjustments when necessary.
· Assigns prescribed accounting distribution codes. Posts information to registers or subsidiary ledgers.
· Performs account reconciliation’s.
· Traces transactions through previous accounting actions to troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies.
· Assists lower level accounting support staff in resolving routine problems.
· Contacts originators of accounting documents to obtain clarifications or additional information.
· Verifies discounts, deductions, taxes, summary billings, and related documents for accuracy.
· Logs, batches and labels lock box reports.
· Participates in coordinating month-end and year-end closing and reconciliation functions.
· Initiates accounts payable adjustments or bill-backs to correct invoice discrepancies.
· May provide assistance to auditors as requested.
· Participate in special projects such as compiling, preparing and distributing special financial reports.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
Accounting principles and practices.
Troubleshooting techniques and methods.
Data validation techniques and methods.
Using a computer and related software applications.
Providing customer service.
Identifying accounting discrepancies.
Performing mathematical calculations.
Reconciling bank statements.
Preparing and processing moderately complex accounting transactions.
Performing account reconciliations.
Assigning accounting codes using established guidelines.
Communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Four years of related accounting support experience.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Completion of related college courses preferred.