To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.
- Able to answer phone and greet public in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to avoid win/loss situations and ensure productive resolutions of conflict.
- Able to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
- Able to exhibit a strong level of vigor, intensity, competitiveness, and endurance.
- Able to express ideas clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to sit for long extended periods.
- Able to listen attentively and foster two-way dialogue.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude in the face of criticism, rejection, or failure.
- Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
- Able to provide courteous, timely service when addressing customer questions and concerns.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge and/or expertise in related area of responsibility.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications (which may include spreadsheets, word processors, databases, etc) at an intermediate level.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 6 months experience in a Customer Service role.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
What to expect once you apply?
Tech Data not only supports the technology industry but we also embrace and leverage technology in all of our processes! What this means for the recruiting process is:
- Once you apply, your application will be reviewed by our recruiters.
- After we have reviewed, all qualified candidates will then be sent a video interview request. This is a one sided, pre-recorded interview, where you will be asked a series of values based questions. We recognize that this may be a new experience, but this is your time to shine!
- Once we review your completed video interview, all qualified candidates will then be sent a self-scheduling request, where you can pick the most convenient time to come to our offices for an in-person interview with the hiring manager and team!!
- Our processes are virtual up to the time you are come on-site for your in-person interview. This allows us to identify candidates quickly, and provides you the flexibility to move through the process at your convenience.