Provides strategic leadership focused on the efficient use of production and industry technology, methods, and process measurements, and on motivating the staff of Technology Consultants to achieve identified goals. Such activities may include the following as well as other duties as assigned
· Provides strategic analysis and effective leadership in delivering Technology Services based on an in-depth understanding of the business requirements and underlying technologies required.
· Initiates and participates in feasibility reviews of product proposals and provides direction and oversight in the operational specifics of an assigned project.
· Determines the requirements for review of real-time technical information regarding technical issues, analysis and recommendations of the processes and services provided in First Articles, Avnet Build Instructions, Order Specific Information, and Quoting services.
· Reviews the work processes for the assigned technical area(s) with regard to opportunities for improvement across product line value streams, evaluates impact of proposed change, and determines implementation requirements and timelines.
· Delivers the development and implementation of programs to meet business objectives as defined in the annual Technical Operations fiscal goals.
· Participates in management key business metric reviews to measure the health of the business, identify gaps in performance, and provides strategic action plans to adjust.
· Has extensive interface with all functional areas of the business and across multiple organizational levels in the normal course of meeting the required job responsibilities.
· Has periodic interface with suppliers and customers to provide technical and process updates and to clarify and/or resolve problems.
· Performs analysis and provides operational plans to achieve Lean Manufacturing.
Job Level Specifications:
· Demonstrated leadership skills with expert level knowledge of principles, concepts and processes in area of technical scope.
· Knowledge of the concepts & application of business and process improvement.
· Knowledge and application of group dynamics, effective meetings & other related techniques.
· Effective listening negotiation oral, written and platform communications skills.
· Demonstrated project management skills.
· Ability to effectively partner with others to obtain desired results.
· Ability to effectively interface across multiple organizational levels both internally and externally.
· Eight or more years of of successful experience in taking on high-profile tasks in an entrepreneurial, and consultative environment requiring effective management of competing priorities.
· BS in IT or a related technical field or an equivalent combination of formal education, training and directly related job experience.
· Management position requiring both technical knowledge and leadership ability.